Beyond the Chill: A Love Letter to Wall-Mounted Heating Bliss


    Hello, readers! Following up on my recent post about a week without power, I wanted to share more about how we keep warm during challenging times. While we do have a furnace, it doesn't really help if you have no power. We also use our fireplace, which does a great job of keeping the living room and kitchen warm but not the rest of the house. For those rooms, we use the Envi Plug-in Electric Panel Wall Heaters.

Now, full disclosure: I have a soft spot for these heaters. I've invested in eight over the years, strategically placing them throughout our home. They've found a spot in the bathroom, each bedroom, the workshop, the "she shed," and soon, one will grace our living room – I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival! I will surely have a happy dance that day!

What's special about the Envi Heater? First off, it's got this sleek profile that effortlessly hangs on the wall, and the ones I have are conveniently plugged into an outlet. I noticed on their website that they also offer hardwired versions. With various models catering to different room sizes and the introduction of Wi-Fi Smart versions. The Smart version can be found on their store webpage.

Installation is a breeze with the provided template – I managed to set them up in a matter of minutes, no husband assistance required. These lightweight, silent, fanless convection heaters have air flow up from the bottom with warm air flowing out from the top. Plus, the absence of a fan means no dust or allergens.

I've got several models, some heating rooms up to 150 square feet, and I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of the Smart EnviMax, designed for larger spaces of 350 square feet plus. Three of my heaters already boast Smart Wi-Fi capabilities with a digital display, perfect for controlling the temperature in my bedrooms.

The claims online about running a few cents per hour, being energy-efficient, easy to clean, and promoting a healthy environment? I have found that to be accurate in my case. We don't just use these in an emergency; we use them daily. I've even become a master of temperature control using the app for the ones in my bedrooms – keeping my kitties warm during their daytime naps.

For me, managing the heat in different rooms has saved on energy costs. I prefer sleeping in a cooler room at 62 degrees, but my aging Boxer dog needs a bit more warmth to prevent stiffness. The Envi heaters allow me to strike that perfect balance, keeping his area warm while maintaining a lower temperature in the rest of the house.

Since incorporating these heaters into our home, our main furnace does not need to run as often. Less frequent starts mean less disruption from its loud return register above our heads – a win for our TV-watching pleasure.

And here's a fun discovery – these units appear to work with solar, power stations, and generators. During that powerless week, we were grateful to have a bit of heat running from these units. This was something that I had not thought of and was pleasantly surprised to discover.

For those intrigued by the technical details, I recommend visiting their site, as I'm not an expert on the intricacies and am not the best at describing techie details. Specifications can be found on the link provided.

Here's to cozy nights and warm corners!


As always, As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The blue links will take you to Amazon and show you the current price and availability. The specifications, models, and prices.


 Envi Plug-in Electric Panel Wall Heaters

https://amzn.to/3TGdF1G


EnviMAX Plug-in Electric Panel Wall Heaters for Large Rooms

https://amzn.to/48hdiPJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Readiness 101: The Preparedness Bookshelf Edition

Beyond Outages: The Magic of Portable Power Stations

Surviving Life: One Can of Beans at a Time